Spring is always a great time of renewal and what better way to celebrate the new season than by reading a new book? Whether you are looking for romantic titles, fictional books, or exploring the non-familiar genre, the changing of seasons is an excuse for additional books in your collection. Whether you are a bookworm or a seasonal reader in assisted living, there are endless options to choose from. So, get that blanket ready and find a comfortable spot to escape into a fictional world waiting to be explored and discovered.
How To Get Back into Reading in Assisted Living
If you cannot recall the last time, you spent reading books, then, you are not alone. It is not an uncommon thing to happen since according to a report by the National Endowment for the Arts, the number of readers for pleasure has declined since 1982.
But the good thing is, there are plenty of ways to get back into reading. Read through and follow these easy steps to help you fall in love with reading again.
- For starters, it is important to start reading a short book if you have not read it for a while. Find a short book that interests you whether it is romance, self-help book, thriller, or non-fiction, make sure to choose the one that will help you get back on track.
- Second, set aside time for reading. Set a dedicated time to read each day at least 15 to 30 minutes to fit reading into your lifestyle again.
- Find a reading buddy. Reading with a friend from assisted living or a family member can be a great way to love reading again. You and your reading buddy can choose a book together and discuss it as you go along.
- Visit your local library for recommendations. Plus, your local library has a wide variety of books to choose from.
- Create a comfortable reading environment to make sure you have a cozy place to sit and read away from distractions.
Spring Books for Residents in Assisted Living
Sarah Morgan is a successful defense lawyer married to Adam, a struggling writer who is accused of killing his mistress, Kelly.
Kelly Summers, the mistress was found brutally stabbed to death in Sarah and Adam’s second home. Now Sarah becomes the defender of her own husband accused of murdering Kelly.
Is Adam innocent or guilty?
Nash Morgan is the town’s chief of police recovering but struggling from being shot. But Nash has no plans of letting people know he is struggling and suffering from panic attacks and nightmares. But his new next-door neighbor Lina knows what he’s been hiding.
Unfortunately, Lina has secrets too. Will Nash find out?
The perfect neighborhood of Brighton Hills is filled with secrets. Behind its perfect mix of luxury and beauty conceal small, big, and some deadly secrets waiting to be revealed. What could the residents in Brighton Hill hide?
Lily Greene is a shy bookworm who fell for her favorite fantasy author when they started connecting through email. Little did Lily know, the person she fell in love with months ago over emails is her new neighbor Nick Brown.
Will Lily know he is the author she’s been corresponding with?
Looking for excellent care in assisted living? Click here to check out Oxbow Living!
Oxbow Living offers Assisted Living & Memory Care out of Nebraska and to the Surrounding Cities: Ashland, South Bend, Greenwood, Murdock, Elmwood, Ithaca, Mead