You’ve been looking at assisted living facilities near me for a while now. But more than anything, you know that this new chapter in your life is going to be a huge step that you need to prepare yourself for it. To make things easier, here are a few tips that might help:
Finding the right assisted living facilities near me
If you still haven’t found the right assisted living facility yet, here are some things that you should consider:
Look at the facility’s surroundings.
- Good quality assisted living facilities near me should be designed with residents in mind, which means that it should be safe, clean, and of course, homey.
Ask about the staff and caregivers.
- Are they properly trained? How many staff are on duty in a single shift? This will help you determine if you will get the care and support that you need during your stay.
Think about comfort and convenience.
- You’d want your new residence to look and feel like home. So, it’s very important to see how comfortable your accommodations will be and if you’ll have access to necessities and amenities when you need them.
Consider the costs.
- We all know that moving into assisted living facilities near me isn’t exactly cheap. However, there are facilities that offer reasonable rates, especially with the quality of the service they offer to their residents.
Preparing for the move
Now if you already found the right assisted living facility for you, here are some tips to help you with the move:
Consult with your physician first.
- You need to make sure that you are in good health before your move and that you can ask for any recommendations on your care plan once you move into the assisted living facility.
Book a moving company.
- For sure, you’ll want to bring some things that will make your new residence still feel like home. To make sure that the move goes smoothly, it’s best to book a moving company ahead to pack, secure, and move your belongings without any hassles.
Choose only the things that you need.
- Although you’d probably want to take your entire house with you, it’s best to prioritize only the most important items and make sure that they all have room in your new residence. You’ll need all that space in your new home, so don’t bring too much.
Have all your paperwork ready.
- You need to tackle all your errands before the move. It includes setting up mail forwarding with the US Postal Service, canceling all your utility services if no one’s living in the house anymore, and having all your paperwork ready for your move.
This may be a huge step for you, but it also marks a new beginning in a new chapter in your life, one that you deserve to enjoy. So, make sure to keep these tips in mind as you transition into assisted living.
Ready to make the move? Click here to check out OxBow Living!
Oxbow Living offers Assisted Living & Memory Care out of Nebraska and to the Surrounding Cities: Ashland, South Bend, Greenwood, Murdock, Elmwood, Ithaca, Mead