Types of Memory Care Facilitator Jobs and Their Functions
There are a number of memory care facilitator jobs available for interested individuals. But how does each position meet the needs of the patients with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other memory loss problems?
The executive director will manage the assisted living and memory care facility. Thus, he or she needs to fulfill the following functions.
- Maintains the operation of the facility, coordinates, directs, and supervises all activities and services
- Complies with the federal, local, and state standards for the operation of the facility
- Monitors the procedures and policies, employee morale, and public relations
- Communicates the facility philosophies and all policies to staff and residents
Memory Care Coordinator
It is the job of the memory care coordinator to manage the overall operation of the unit based on the needs of the residents, government regulations, and company policies and procedures.
Likewise, it is his or her primary function to develop and facilitate programming to meet the needs of the residents with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Build meaningful relationships with a number of seniors and their families by assisting with activities of daily living
- Attend to individual care needs and know the unique preferences and personalities
- Notify management of changes in condition and suggest adjustments in the level of care and services
- Assist residents in life skills and other life-enriching activities indicated on the individual profile.
- Manage the process of assessment to decide the levels of care and staff
- Ensure that the community will follow all federal, local, and state laws and regulations regarding resident care and services
- Assist the executive director in the completion of the annual community budget
- Accomplish the team member engagement goals and lead in the engagement improvement planning sessions
- Keep updated in the professional developments of the field by attending conferences, reading, joining in the training sessions
Resident Care Coordinator
- Advocating the concept of the designated care manager all through the neighborhoods by hiring, recruiting, training, and coaching a high-quality team
- Provide recognition and create an engaged culture for the team members, as residents and families become an important part of the leadership role
Memory Care Program Facilitator
As a memory care facilitator, the job requires the development, coordination, and implementation of programs and services for residents with cognitive impairment. It is also his or her job to provide a therapeutic environment that maintains the highest level of well-being of the body, mind, and spirit of each resident.
- Make a difference in the lives of patients being served by providing care and compassion
- Act as a positive teammate to colleagues by assisting new teammates onboard
- Ensure the delivery of compassionate quality care approach to residents
- Protect and promote residents’ rights in all interactions with families and residents being a role model for the center
- Participate in the interdisciplinary team in the development and maintenance of the social service and activity portions of the plan as a member to care for each resident
As a memory care facilitator, it is also his or her responsibility to oversee the activities of the memory care unit. At the same time, he or she directly supervises all the staff as necessary and reports to the executive director.
Oxbow Living offers Assisted Living & Memory Care out of Nebraska and to the Surrounding Cities: Ashland, South Bend, Greenwood, Murdock, Elmwood, Ithaca, Mead